Large Antique Three Part Holophane Ceiling Light
- A large and beautiful Holophane prismatic glass pendant light, English circa 1930.
- Two sections of prismatic glass sit inside a caged frame, leaf detail to each of the four hinged fasteners. The often absent lower prismatic dish sits inside the lower section.
- Wear commensurate with age, the top section of the gallery has some light cracks. - All parts factory stamped and model numbered, scarce example in superb original condition.
- Rewired in dark brown braided flex and PAT tested.
Holophane Originally founded in 1898 the hallmark of Holophane luminaires was the borosilicate glass reflector, which acted as a prism providing a combination of uplight and downlight, to illuminate any environment evenly without creating dark spots or glare. As a result Holophane lights were frequently used in churches, as street-lights and to illuminate older factories and industrial spaces.